Monday, July 30, 2012

Tool #6 Web Tools for Discussion

I used Edmodo this past school year in my classroom. Originally I had planned on using it in a flipped class kind of atmosphere, however I quickly saw many students were not successful with this method, thus it became more of a supplement instruction. The videos were still assigned as homework twice a week, but they also received direct instruction in class. I also used it regularly as a work station students would respond to either videos, quizzes or higher level questions since I had 8 Mac Books in my room this past year.
Please visit my edmodo page here!

I would love to try to use Skype this upcoming year to visit with other math classrooms. I have had a personal Skype account for several years but am excited to use a school account to do questions of the week with other classrooms!


No comments:

Post a Comment